HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid, supports projects designed to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in over 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides worldwide humanitarian assistance for victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts and supports the Church's diaconal work in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and causes of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. Through its development and social policy work in the fields of climate justice, access to land and food, migration, and integration, HEKS/EPER strives for systemic change - globally and in Switzerland.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading the Consortium of the project “Social Justice for Roma, Ashkali and Egyptians in Kosovo” in its effective and efficient implementation of the project according to the approved project document and in coordination with the local coordination office of SDC in Prishtina and local stakeholders.
We are looking for a motivated and interested person beginning 1.1. 2023 or by agreement as:
Project Manager Kosovo, 100 %, based in Prishtina
Your main responsibilities:
- You represent HEKS/EPER as the leading partner of the implementing Consortium
- You ensure an efficient and constructive cooperation within the Consortium
- You steer and manage the project as per accepted project document, under the guidance of the project’s Steering Committee and in coordination with the Consortium members and the Swiss Cooperation Office in Prishtina
- You ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the project
- You ensure concise and analytical annual project and financial reports as well as annual planning documents
- You review, check and consolidate partner’s budgets and financial reports and consolidate the financial reports of the Consortium partners.
- You identify risks, ensure compliance policies and communicate back to partners for adjustments of systems and corrections.
- You monitor the flows of funds between the HEKS/EPER HQ and the partners.
- You ensure that partner organisations are audited in time and in line with HEKS/EPER’s and SDC’s requirements
Leadership, Knowledge Sharing and Communication
- Live and implement HEKS/EPER’s mission statement, values, and policies
- Encourage networking and knowledge sharing, create connections within the consortium, among partners, grassroots organisations, relevant regional organizations and with governmental bodies
- Provide relevant information and communication materials to HEKS/EPER and Consortium Partner’s Communications
To be successful you bring:
- Academic degree (Master or equivalent) in social/economic/development studies and/or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing and coordinating interventions of a comparable size (at least EUR 1mio annually) in social inclusion, conflict transformation, policy development, systemic interventions, civil society strengthening or other related fields.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in multi-stakeholder negotiations and collaborations.
- Good knowledge of the international cooperation sector in the country an asset
- Excellent analytical, conceptual and writing skills
- Sound financial management skills
- Sound ICT skills
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills.
- Experience with security management
- Available for extended local, national and international travel
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is a must; knowledge of Albanian and/or Serbian is an asset.
What you can expect from us:
- An national or international position with a duty station in Prishtina, Kosovo
- Attractive salary and Up-to-date employment conditions
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world
- An interesting and challenging position with scope for design
- Duration 6-2 months (renewable)