HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid, supports projects designed to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in over 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides worldwide humanitarian assistance for victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts and supports the Church's diaconal work in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and causes of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. Through its development and social policy work in the fields of climate justice, access to land and food, migration, and integration, HEKS/EPER strives for systemic change - globally and in Switzerland.
With the onset of conflict in Ukraine following the Russian invasion on the 24th of February 2022, 6.5 million Ukrainians (approximately 15% of the population) have been internally displaced while 3.3 million (approximately 8% of the population) have fled to neighboring countries. Major population centers are under siege with civilian infrastructure heavily damaged. Basic commodities are becoming scarce with critical services facing significant strain.
Therefore, we are looking to fill two vacancies, one in Dnipro and one in Odessa, for a proactive and experienced:
Area Security Manager, Ukraine, 100%
Your main responsibilities:
- Collect, analyse and disseminate the security and context evolution information.
- Create and maintain a security network of contacts (NGOs, Embassies, Civil Society, etc.)
- Prepare and disseminate the relevant security alerts and warnings
- Analyse the security data base to anticipate the possible evolution of the conflict as well as the tendencies related to the risks
- Evaluate the risks of the locations where HEKS/EPER is working (included premises and programs)
- Take the necessary measures for the reduction of the impact (contingency planning).
- Take the necessary measures for the reduction of the threats (acceptance)
- Train and sensitise the team on security issues(national and international)
- To do implementation update and constant follow up of the security management tools
- Perform security risk assessments or evaluation missions to the field when possible and regularly review safety and security procedures
- Ensure the Mission is meeting standards and complying with HEKS/EPER policies and procedures
- Ensure that safety and security dimensions are factored into all operational activities
- Assist programme and operations managers in relation to safety and security
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of safety and security incidents
To be successful you bring:
- University degree in law, political science, statistics or similar and/or
- Adequate professional experience in security management as coordinator in a security related field in a Human Aid organisation
- GoodOperational Security Management
- Professional working knowledge of English and Russian/Ukrainian is essential
- Good ability to plan, organise and resolve.
- Good communication skills
What you can expect from us:
- An international position with a duty station in Ukraine (Dnipro and Odessa, two vacancies to fill in the locations)
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world
- An interesting and challenging position
- Duration 12 months (possible extension)
- Attractive salary and compensation (R&R)
- Starting date: ASAP