HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid, supports projects designed to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in over 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides worldwide humanitarian assistance for victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts and supports the Church's diaconal work in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and causes of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. Through its development and social policy work in the fields of climate justice, access to land and food, migration, and integration, HEKS/EPER strives for systemic change - globally and in Switzerland.
The Field Coordinator contributes to the daily monitoring of the projects of HEKS/EPER Whole of Ukraine response in Transcarpathia and the successful operation of programs and support services, and reports to the Regional Coordinator. The Field Coordinator works closely with HEKS/EPER Office Romania as well as partner organisations from Romania and Hungary.
To support the Regonal Coordinator Ukraine response we are looking for an:n experienced:n
Field Coordinator, Transcarpathia, Ukraine, 100%
Your main responsibilities:
Contribute to the succesful implementation of the HEKS/EPER projects in Transcarpathia
Participate in report preparation
- You conduct effective monitoring of the projects’ activities (attainment of objectives, monitoring of indicators, in compliance with the schedule of activities, budget monitoring, contractual report, etc.)
- You alert the Regional Coordination Office in cases where discrepances in the execution of programs would be identified and proposes adjustments (at the level of activities, intervention area, budget, implementation schedule, etc)
- You contribute to humanitarian needs assessments
- You ontribute to project proposals drafting
- You support in administering the full cycle of project management activities
- You provide day to day administration of activities, including tracking budgets, payments, compliance, modifications and reporting, and alert the finance Manager regarding any performance or financial reporting issues
- You consolidate data from the field to present results in the reports to donors
- You ensure compliance of the documents with donor requirement and ensures good quality reports are produced
Ensure HEKS representation
- You monitor and evaluate the quality of sub-grantees’ reporting
- You conduct supportive site visits to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions; you monitor and manage issues of non-compliance
To be successful you bring:
This function requires the mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- In particular:
- Excellent knowledge of English (written & spoken)
- Knowledge of Hungarian, Romanian, Russian and / or Ukrainian is an asset
- Knowledge of project management
- Excellent reporting skills
As well as the following specific professional competencies:
- Ability to be assertive, when necessary
- Ability to analyze (judgment, practicality) and to synthesize
- Ability to adapt
- Organization, discipline, and compliance with deadlines
- Outstanding ability to listen and negotiate
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Calm and composed
- Ability to work under stress in general, and in emergency situations in particular
What you can expect from us:
- A national position with a duty station in Trancarpathia, Ukraine (home based)
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world.
- An interesting and challenging position with flexible working condition.
- Fixed-term contract of one year, renewable.
- Preferred start date: ASAP