HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid, supports projects designed to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in over 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides worldwide humanitarian assistance for victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts and supports the Church's diaconal work in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and causes of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. Through its development and social policy work in the fields of climate justice, access to land and food, migration, and integration, HEKS/EPER strives for systemic change - globally and in Switzerland.
In an eight-year project, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), together with other donors, supports the Armenian vocational training system with the development of a dual vocational education system in the following agricultural professions: Farmer, Animal Health Specialist, Dairy Technologist, Agricultural Machinery Mechanic, Fruit Specialist. The project aims at improving the legal framework for the entire VET system, increase private sector involvement in VET and develop dual VET curricula for the specific occupations, provide training for teachers and VET trainers from teaching companies, and ensure the training of teachers and VET trainers in the dual VET system.
Together with our partners, the University of Agricultural, Forestry and Food Sciences (BFH-HAFL), and the Strategic Development Agency (SDA), we are responsible for the implementation of dual education in the mentioned professions and the training of teachers and vocational trainers. We bring our experience in implementation to the cooperation with the Gesellschaft für internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, which is committed to the systemic development of the Armenian vocational education system towards dual education.
To support the project staff in the field and the Teaching & Advising team at HAFL, we are looking for a
Senior Expert in Agricultural Vocational Education and Extension (60 - 100%), Armenia
Your main responsibilities:
- You will bring your expertise to the implementation of a dual vocational training project in the vocational field of agriculture in Armenia
- You maintain and expand the network of our training companies and support the integration of trained learners into the local labor market
- You will conduct advanced training courses for teachers at Armenian vocational schools and vocational trainers at training companies on technical and methodological issues.
- You support innovation processes and pilot projects in different agricultural value chains.
- You will advise our local partner on the development of apprenticeship training in an agro-tourism business with agriculture, slaughterhouse and restaurant
To be successful you bring:
- Experience in teaching and consulting in the professional field of agriculture, ideally in animal husbandry, dairy processing or fruit growing
- A diploma as agronomist ETH / FH or related studies with additional methodical-didactic training and experience in apprenticeship training in a dual VET environment
- Experience in development cooperation
- You can teach in an action-oriented way and moderate group processes
- Willingness to work in Yerevan and to travel to the project regions or at least to spend longer working periods in Armenia
- Very good language skills in English with native German or French and good knowledge of the other language
What you can expect from us:
- Employment contract with HEKS/EPER for three years with an option to extend for another three years
- Collaboration with innovative team of the Teaching & Counselling Group of HAFL
- Attractive salary and benefits
- Motivated local team from three different organizations (HEKS/EPER, GIZ, SDA)
- Work location mainly in Yerevan
- Start of work as soon as possible or upon to agreement