HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid, supports projects designed to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in over 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides worldwide humanitarian assistance for victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts and supports the Church's diaconal work in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and causes of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. Through its development and social policy work in the fields of climate justice, access to land and food, migration, and integration, HEKS/EPER strives for systemic change - globally and in Switzerland.
HEKS/EPER Romania Foundation is a Non-Profit Organization active worldwide and present in the city of Cluj since 2015. The mission of the Foundation is to assist marginalized people and vulnerable groups of society in Romania and abroad - Particularly in the areas of development cooperation and emergency assistance.
As part of the expansion of its Humanitarian Aid activities, HEKS/EPER Romania is actively looking for his/her new:
Logistics Officer, Humanitarian Aid, Romania, 100%
Your main responsibilities:
Supports HEKS-EPER missions worldwide in the organization of all logistical aspects - contribute to the opening, closing of base(s) and potential redeployment including:
Administration / Supply Chain / Procurement
- You participate in the financial and administrative management and make sure that the budgetary allowance is respected in the logistics department.
- You coordinate and prepare request for quote/tender ensuring that HEKS/EPER procurement/purchase procedures are respected.
Transportations and Fleet Management
- You supervise the fleet and drivers - You ensure that the vehicles are equipped with the relevant security tools, the right fuel and are in good mechanical condition.
- You ensure all vehicles have current vehicle ownership documents, insurance, logbooks, and drivers have up to date driving licenses and insurances.
Stock Management and Equipment
- You actively assist in defining the mission’s technical needs on each base and make sure that their funding is possible, especially when new projects are being planned.
- You supervise the whole process of shipment of materials - Mode of transport, Packaging, Custom, Delivery from the Consignor to the destination.
To be successful you bring:
- Professional diploma or university degree in Logistics with at least 2 years of experience in a similar position ideally with an NGO.
- Familiarity with stock procedure, car park management, telecommunications, institutional funding instruments (e.g., BHA/USAID, ECHO, UN agencies, etc.).
- Mastery of techniques such as communication, energy, electricity and computer technology
- Good written/spoken command of Romanian, French (C1) and English (C1) are mandatory. Spanish is an asset. Proficiency in Windows and Office tools (Word and Excel in particular).
What you can expect from us:
- A national position with a duty station in our office in Cluj, Romania with regular field visits.
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world.
- An interesting and challenging position with flexible working condition.
- Fixed-term contract of one year, renewable.
- Preferred start date: May 2022.