HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid, supports projects designed to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in over 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides worldwide humanitarian assistance for victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts and supports the Church's diaconal work in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and causes of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. Through its development and social policy work in the fields of climate justice, access to land and food, migration, and integration, HEKS/EPER strives for systemic change - globally and in Switzerland.
HEKS/EPER Romania Foundation is a Non-Profit Organization active worldwide and present in the city of Cluj since 2015. The mission of the Foundation is to assist marginalized people and vulnerable groups of society in Romania and abroad - Particularly in the areas of development cooperation and emergency assistance.
As part of the expansion of its Humanitarian Aid activities, HEKS/EPER Romania is actively looking for his/her new:
Human Resources Officer, Humanitarian Aid, Romania, 100%
Your main responsibilities:
- You ensure sound administrative HR management and individual career development of HEKS / EPER Staffers and new employees (recruitment, hiring, remuneration, follow-up, evaluations, training, dismissals, etc). Ensure adequate capacity building and identify training programs.
- You represent HEKS-EPER before partners, authorities, and various local actors involved in Human Resource issues for the Humanitarian Aid Department.
- You provide relevant HR follow-up for expats deployed to the field including recruitment, duty of care, flights, and visas management.
HR Policy and Emergency Response Efforts
- You participate actively in the development and adjustments to HR policy in relation to recruitment, remuneration, disciplinary measures while respecting the legal framework of each single country of operation.
Administrative Management and Talent Development
- You draw up the salary scale and ensure their application in compliance with duty of care and budget guidelines of the mission.
- You ensure administrative and financial reports are sent in line with preestablished administrative calendar. Oversee payroll - monitor absences and notably leave-taking.
To be successful you bring:
- Professional diploma in Human Resources, Business Management, or related University Degree with a professional experience of at least 4 years ideally with an NGO.
- Rigor and reliability, outstanding sense of organization and for coordination; excellent interpersonal skills; good management of priorities and pressure to meet often conflicting deadlines. Discretion and ability to handle confidential issues
- Familiarity with the procedures of institutional funding instruments (e.g. BHA/USAID, ECHO, UN agencies, etc)
- Good written/spoken command of Romanian, French (C2) and English (C1) are mandatory. Spanish is an asset. Proficiency in Windows and Office tools (Word and Excel in particular).
What you can expect from us:
- A national position with a duty station in our office in Cluj, Romania with occasional field visits.
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world.
- An interesting and challenging position with flexible working condition.
- Fixed-term contract of one year, renewable.
- Preferred start date: May 2022