HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid, supports projects designed to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in over 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides worldwide humanitarian assistance for victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts and supports the Church's diaconal work in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and causes of refugees and socially disadvantaged people. Through its development and social policy work in the fields of climate justice, access to land and food, migration, and integration, HEKS/EPER strives for systemic change - globally and in Switzerland.
With the onset of conflict in Ukraine following the Russian invasion on the 24thof February 2022, 6.5 million Ukrainians (approximately 15% of the population) have been internally displaced while 3.3 million (approximately 8% of the population) have fled to neighboring countries. Major population centers are under siege with civilian infrastructure heavily damaged. Basic commodities are becoming scarce with critical services facing significant strain.
Therefore, we are looking for a proactive and experienced:
Grant manager, Ukraine, 100%
Your main responsibilities:
As Grants manager, you contribute to the daily monitoring of the Delegation and the successful operation of programs and support services and you report to the Program Coordinator.
- You contribute to the daily monitoring of the Delegation and the successful operation of programs and support services, and reports to the Program Coordinator.
- You contribute to the effective monitoring of programs (attainment of objectives, monitoring of indicators, in compliance with the schedule of activities, budget monitoring, contractual report...)
- You alert the Program Coordinator in cases where discrepances in the execution of programs would be identified and proposes adjustments (at the level of activities, intervention area, budget, implementation schedule...)
- You are in charge and coordinates external and internal reporting on the delegation
- Youassist the Program Coordinator with the training and supervision of teams
- You ensure HEKS representation
- You assist the head of Delegation in liaisons with headquarters
To be successful you bring:
What you can expect from us:
- An international position with a duty station in Odessa
- An opportunity to make a difference in this world
- An interesting and challenging position with scope for design
- Duration 6 months (possible extension)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Location: Odessa / Ukraine