HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in 31 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides emergency relief for victims of natural disasters and armed conflict worldwide and supports the welfare and social work of the Reformed Churches in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and the integration of refugees and socially disadvantaged People.
Our international controlling team is looking to recruit a strong candidate (F/M) with the prospect of replacing the current Head of Controlling when he retires in about 2 years. For our Global Cooperation Division, we are searching for our future colleague to fulfil the position of:
Deputy Head of Controlling (Global Cooperation), 80-100%
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensure effective financial management and control of HEKS/EPER Global Cooperation (GC) programmes and minimize financial risk as well as maintain and improve guidelines for the GC Division.
- Ensure regular internal audits at HEKS/EPER Coordination Offices (CO) abroad and at partner organizations, including specific forensic audits if required and ensure follow up of results. In addition, assume the role of focal point for the external auditors abroad and at HQ as take the responsibility of financial reporting to institutional donors (e.g., SDC, EU, UN).
- Form and lead a strong team of controllers, as well as develop the financial management capacity of the finance staff and budget holders at CO and at partner level.
- Give support to the Heads of Programmes in financial and controlling tasks (e.g., budgeting and forecasting of expenditures), and work in close cooperation with the central service department as active member in the business controlling circle (e.g. development of controlling instruments).
- Part of the HEKS/EPER compliance organization with the thematic focus on anti-corruption, you are aimed to become member of the GC management team after an induction period.
To be successful you bring:
- You hold a University degree or achieved a Technical school in Finance / Controlling and bring with you minimum five years’ experience in an INGO or a company with an international focus.
- Your assets are good knowledge of the humanitarian and development sector, great awareness of relevant financial standards as thorough knowledge of the main institutional donors (EU, ECHO, USAID, etc.).
- Proven ability to collaborate in intercultural context as ability to work both independently and with teams, excellent communication skills, sensitivity for gender & social equity and local culture.
- Language and IT skills: particularly good written and oral skills in English, good skills in French, Spanish would be an asset; very good knowledge of MS-office applications, especially Excel.
- Willingness to travel abroad (20-30%).
What you can expect from us:
- An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context
- A dedicated and multi-disciplinary team
- A relaxed and collegial working atmosphere
- Main place of work will be Zurich
- A competitive remuneration package
- With suitability successive assumption of the Head of Controlling position