HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in 31 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides emergency relief for victims of natural disasters and armed conflict worldwide and supports the welfare and social work of the Reformed Churches in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and the integration of refugees and socially disadvantaged People.
In Venezuela, where basic supply systems have partially collapsed as a result of the political crisis, hyperinflation and international embargoes, HEKS/EPER has launched a multifaceted emergency aid programme to alleviate the plight of those most in need, including food (NFI and warm meals) and hygiene products distributions, a Shelter and WASH intervention as well as disinfection campaigns in health centers. To support the team in Venezuela, HEKS/EPER is looking for a strong international candidate (F/M) to fulfil the role of:
Finance and Administrative Coordinator, Venezuela, 100%
- Country Office Management: Maintain an office administrative and financial system in compliance with internal policies and procedures; Accounting management; Ensure compliance with all local legal requirements and obligations (tax, social security, etc.); Ensure the preparation and timely organization of audits; Ensure that procurement, logistics and HR procedures are properly followed; Maintain a complete and structured physical and electronic documentation and filing system; HR management.
- Proposals and reports: Preparation of budgets for proposals, in coordination with the team, as well as other administrative and logistical aspects; Review and validation of reports from counterparts in accordance with the agreements.
- Program implementation: Monthly budget tracking of all ongoing projects; Monitoring of activities and consistency between activities and budget expenditure, as well as expenditure forecasting in collaboration with project managers; Supervision of procurement operations, verification of dossiers, review and dispatch to HQ (when required) according to HEKS procedures; Supervision and assessment of counterpart administrative and financial processes.
- Strategy: Contribution to the drafting of HEKS/EPER’ strategy in the country; Identification of necessary resources, material and human, for the implementation of the strategy, and operationalization of these through proposals and projects; Working with donors and counterparts to identify funding opportunities in line with the country strategy; Identifying and forecasting costs, periodically updating and reviewing the mission's Cost Coverage Plan; Identification of country risks (financial, administrative, logistical and security risks).
- Identification and training of a National Coordinator:Search and identify a national candidate, with the objective of transferring the position within a period of six months; Train and supervise the selected candidate, in a handover program defined with the Country Director.
- University degree in economics, finance or similar field with at least 3 years of experience in a finance function in an international NGO, with excellent knowledge of all relevant national and international accounting standards.
- Demonstrated ability in budgeting, cash flow forecasting and financial analysis and monitoring; Experience in logistics; Knowledge of standards applicable to procurement procedures and in HR management.
- Excellent analytical and conceptualization skills as well as excellent planning and organizational skills; Excellent IT skills (specifically MS Excel and accounting software) .
- Fluent both in Spanish and English, both spoken and written.
- Key qualities: diligence, attention to detail, efficiency, professionality, solution-oriented, flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines, in complex environments.
- An interesting and challenging expatriate position in a dynamic international context
- A competitive salary package
- Duty station: Caracas, Venezuela (with regular field visit to the second office)
- Duration of the contract: 6 months
- Starting date: ASAP