HEKS/EPER, Swiss Church Aid is the aid organisation of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and supports projects to combat hunger, poverty and injustice in over 30 countries on four continents. HEKS/EPER also provides emergency relief for victims of natural disasters and armed conflict worldwide and supports the welfare and social work of the Reformed Churches in Eastern Europe and in the Middle East. In Switzerland, HEKS/EPER champions the rights and the integration of refugees and socially disadvantaged People.
For our Humanitarian Aid Coordination Office in Cox’s Bazar (Bangladesh), HEKS/EPER Humanitarian Aid Department is looking to recruit a strong candidate to act as a Field Coordinator leading our interventions in the Rohingya Crisis, under the close supervision of the Regional Humanitarian Aid Coordinator Asia, who is based in Bangladesh. HEKS/EPER runs donor-funded projects in the Rohingya Response with an annual budget of some 4 Million USD, mostly directly implemented. The focus is on Shelter, WASH, Site Improvement, livelihoods and WASH in Health Facilities.
Field Coordinator Cox’s Bazar, 100% (Expatriate or Bangladeshi)
- Fundraising including reviewing funding opportunities, networking and coordination with in-country donors, and developing quality proposals.
- Manage the Humanitarian Aid Office in Cox’s Bazar and the team. Ensure financial compliance, safety and security, everyday logistic operations, HR management, and a good working atmosphere.
- Oversee project management of Project Managers and Coordinators. Provide conceptual and critical support for project development, monitoring, and implementation.
- Ensure regular coordination with government institutions (incl RRRC and NGOAB) as well as within the humanitarian coordination systems.
- Building the capacity of the local team and provide hands-on support to develop functional processes also at field level.
- The position is open for expatriates or citizens of Bangladesh.
- University degree in a relevant subject with strong expertise on issues related to Project Management or Humanitarian Aid.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a management position in humanitarian aid, or at least 5 years of substantial management experience in Development Cooperation.
- Professional skills in strategic leadership, fundraising, advocacy, and project development.
- Budget management and excellent computer skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills; Proficiency in English.
- Willingness to stay full time in Cox’s Bazar and travel frequently to the field.
- Strong attitude to take initiative, work autonomously while being a team player.
- Team player that efficiently coordinates with the Regional Humanitarian Aid Coordinator Asia, who will be regularly in the field and who will oversee the interventions from Dhaka.
- Dedication for humanitarian aid, flexibility and ability to cope with stress.
- For expatriate candidates: Working experience in Bangladesh and language skills are an asset.
- An interesting and challenging position in a dynamic international context
- A one year, renewable contract
- A dedicated team
- A competitive salary package
- Duty station: Cox’s Bazar