Data Protection Declaration for Job Applicants
We thank you for your interest in a position with a company of the Amstein + Walthert Group (Amstein + Walthert). Before you send us your application, we would like to inform you with this Data Protection Declaration about how we process your (personal data) within the application procedure.
This Data Protection Declaration applies to data processing which we carry out as part of an application procedure to examine your application with a view to a position with us.
Issued: 28/05/2020. We may amend this Data Protection Declaration at any time. The current version at the start of an application process is applicable, i.e. when you send your application or register on one of our online platforms.
1. Name and Contact Details of Those Responsible
The company at Amstein + Walthert which processes your application and carries out the application procedure (hereafter also referred to as we or us) is responsible for processing your personal data in accordance with this Data Protection Declaration.
If you have any questions or concerns in connection with the processing of your personal data, please contact this company or the contact stated. You can find the relevant contact details here: https://www.amstein-walthert.ch/standorte/ or in the specific job advertisement.
If you apply for a position or apprenticeship position that is advertised on one of our partner platforms, the processing of your personal data when visiting these platforms is governed by the Data Protection Declarations of the operator responsible for the respective platform.
2. Which personal data do we process?
We only process personal data that we require to assess your suitability for the advertised position.
This particularly concerns the following personal data:
- Technical data, if you apply online or electronically (e.g. the application channel, browser settings, IP address, pages visited and job advertisements etc.)
- The information provided in the application form (usually title, surname and first name, e-mail address, etc.);
- The information contained in your application documents (e.g. in your cover letter, CV, references, certificates, etc.);
- If necessary, information from third party sources (e.g. information from official registers; information from employment agencies; reference information)
- Information from the application procedure (e.g. from the job interview);
- If you are already employed by an Amstein + Walthert company, we may also use information that we already have due to your previous employment.
Nevertheless, you are not obliged to provide us with personal data. However, it is not possible to process an application without collecting and processing personal data. If you inform us of particularly sensitive personal data as part of the application process, we may also process such personal data (e.g. health data).
3. Processing Purposes and Legal Basis
We process your personal data to carry out the application procedure and as far as this is justified by overriding interests, consent or law. If necessary, we may also process your personal data for reporting and statistical purposes to improve our offer in the context of the application process and any later appointment. However, such processing takes place on an aggregated basis and does not allow any conclusions to be drawn about you personally. Furthermore, we do not process your personal data for any other purposes beyond this (especially not for advertising purposes).
4. Forwarding Your Personal Data
As a matter of principle, only persons involved in recruiting for this position have access to your personal data, in particular personnel specialists, potential superiors (as well as their representatives who receive your application), and, if necessary, other persons involved in the application process (e.g. participants in a job interview). These persons are subject to a duty of confidentiality and are aware of data protection and data security.
If necessary, more than one Amstein + Walthert company can process your application if this is necessary for the application process. In this case, we will forward your application documents within Amstein + Walthert to the companies involved in undertaking the application process.
We may also pass on your personal data to service providers and contractual partners, the services of which we use in connection with the application process (e.g. application operators). By selecting service providers and contractual partners as well as through appropriate contractual agreements, we ensure that data protection is also ensured by such service providers and contractual partners throughout the entire processing of your personal data.
Furthermore, your personal data will only be passed on to other recipients with your consent (e.g. to obtain reference information) and only to the extent that this is required to comply with legal regulations or to guard against or defend legal claims.
If the aforementioned recipients are located in countries that do not protect your personal data to the same extent as Switzerland or the EU/EEA states we will ensure the protection of your personal data in an appropriate manner (e.g. by appropriate contracts). Please contact the company responsible for your personal data if you wish to receive a copy of the transfer agreements concerning you.
5. Do we make automated individual decisions?
As a rule, we do not carry out automated decisions in individual cases. However, we will inform you should we use automated decisions in individual cases. “Automated decisions in individual cases” are deemed to be decisions made automatically, i.e. without any relevant human influence, and which have negative legal effects or other, similar negative effects on you.
6. Storage and Retention
We store your personal data in personal form as long as it is required for undertaking the actual application process. We also store your personal data for as long required to comply with legal specifications, if you have expressly agreed to longer storage and if we have an authorised interest in storing the data, e.g. for the purposes of documentation and securing evidence, and to guard against and defend legal claims. If we are able to consider you for the position for which you have applied, we also retain your personal data for the purpose of performing the employment contract.
If no employment contract is concluded with you, your personal data will be automatically deleted or made anonymous after a period of six months at the latest.
If you have registered on our jobmail page, we will save your personal data for the duration of the registration. If you deactivate your account, your personal data will be deleted after a period of six months at the latest.
7. Data Security
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data and adapt them continuously to technological developments. Together with our IT service providers, we have established the regulations required by data protection law for the proper handling of the personal data provided, and they use the latest technology to protect your personal data.
9. Your rights
In connection with the processing of your personal data you have the following rights:
- You may at any time request information and disclosure of what personal data we process about you, how, for how long and for what purposes.
- You have the right at any time to have data stored about you corrected or deleted .
- You can request at any time to restrictthe processing of data about you.
- If we process your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to revokeyour consentat any time. However, the revocation only refers to future data processing, whereby the legality of data processing prior to the revocation remains unaffected.
- You have the right to lodge a complaintwith the competent (supervisory) authority (in Switzerland, the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC)) or to contact them at any time if you believe that your personal data is not being processed in accordance with data protection legislation.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using our contact details at the following link: https://www.amstein-walthert.ch/standorte/ or in the relevant job posting.