ZHAW Zurich University of Applied Sciences is one of the largest multi-disciplinary universities in Switzerland, with over 13,000 students and around 3,000 employees.
The School of Management and Lawis one of the leading business schools in Switzerland with internationally recognized Bachelor's and Master's degree programs as well as cooperative PhD programs, well-established continuing education programs, and innovative research and development projects. As the first business school of a Swiss university of applied sciences, the SML meets the high standards of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), making it one of the top 800 business schools in the world, and is endeavoring the Triple Crown.
The Department of International Business
includes the International Management Institute, the Center for Corporate Responsibility and teams for International Education, Executive Education and International Development & Projects.
To strengthen the Department of International Business we are looking to appoint a
Head of the International Management Institute (80 - 100%)
In this newly created position, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Positioning of the institute in the scientific community as an internationally recognized research institution for International Management
- Acquisition and management of competitive research projects (EU, Swiss National Science Foundation and Innosuisse) and consultancy projects with international and national partners
- Management of the institute with its team of 20 (lecturers, researchers and support staff)
- Establishing and maintaining a strong network of contacts within the scientific and business communities
- Assuming teaching positions at Bachelor and Master level, in cooperative PhD programs and in continuing education courses (MAS and CAS) in English and preferably in German as well
For this challenging and versatile position you must have a PhD, a long-term record in research with publications in high quality journals, teaching experience at university level and several years of professional and management experience. You have in-depth knowledge of international business topics, with a wider international and intercultural background. Negotiation skills in English and preferably in German round off your profile.
We offer you a varied job with a high degree of independence and many possibilities for creativity. Supported by a collegial and motivated team, the working environment is innovative, dynamic and challenging.