Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 13,000 students and 3,000 faculty and staff.
As one of the leading Engineering Faculties in Switzerland, the ZHAW School of Engineering emphasises topics which will be relevant in the future. Our 13 institutes and centres guarantee superior-quality education, research and development with a focus on the areas of energy, mobility, information and health.
The Institute of Data Analysis and Process Design (IDP) is a center of competence for the development and application of quantitative methods in the areas of data analysis and operations research. IDP is currently looking for an
Research Assistant/Associate in Smart Maintenance (80 - 100 %)
As a member of our research team, you will take part in applied research projects in close collaboration with our industry partners in the field of condition based and predictive maintenance. Your tasks include:
- Developing and implementing data-driven algorithms for detection, diagnostics and prognostics of incipient failures in industrial assets and infrastructures
- Developing innovative approaches using state of the art statistical, machine learning and deep learning methods
- Combining engineering knowledge with data science techniques
- Executing and taking responsibility of R&D activities in collaboration with our industry partners
- Possibly participating in teaching assistance for statistics courses
We are looking for applicants with an MSc or PhD degree in engineering, statistics, applied mathematics or physics with experience in applying data analytical and machine learning methods. Solid programming experience, preferably in Python or R, is required. Knowledge of deep learning algorithms is advantageous. Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory, command of German is a plus.
We encourage applications from proactive and self-motivated candidates with analytical thinking and strong problem-solving passion and abilities, good communication skills and original thinking.
As part of our team you will enjoy an exciting and rewarding working environment, combining close industrial collaboration with multidisciplinary innovative research.
The position is limited to the duration of the project.