Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 13,000 students and 3,000 faculty and staff. The School of Life Sciences and Facility Management is located on an attractive campus on the left shore of the Lake of Zurich in Wädenswil.
The Competence Center for Biocatalysis (CCBIO) at the Institute for Chemistry and Biotechnology (ICBT) is recruiting a
Research Associate Molecular Biology (100 %)
The successful candidate will be part of our effort to harness machine-learning driven enzyme engineering for the development of next-generation industrial biocatalysis.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Execution of enzyme engineering projects
- Generation and screening of enzyme variant libraries using state-of-the-art techniques
- Development and execution of enzymatic activity tests
- Maintenance of laboratories and instrumentation (such as FPLC, incubators, bioreactors, electrophoresis, PCR, and other laboratory equipment), procurement of consumables and chemicals
- Academic degree (Master/Diplom) in molecular biology, biochemistry or chemistry
- Hands on working experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, enzymology, e.g. cloning & mutagenesis, production and purification of recombinant enzymes from bacterial and yeast-based systems as well as the characterization of proteins’ molecular properties and enzyme activity
- Expertise in state-of-the-art methods to engineer enzymes for improved stability, activity and selectivity
- Competence in GC, HPLC and mass spectrometric method development, troubleshooting and data analysis
- Familiarity with high throughput approaches (hardware/ automation of protocols) would be a plus