Zurich University of Applied Sciences ZHAW is one of Switzerland’s largest multidisciplinary universities of applied sciences, with over 13,000 students and 3,000 faculty and staff. The School of Life Sciences and Facility Management is located on an attractive campus on the left shore of the Lake of Zurich in Wädenswil.
The Competence Center for Biocatalysis at the Institute for Chemistry and Biotechnology (ICBT) is recruiting a
Project Manager Enzyme Engineering
The successful candidate will lead our effort toward the generation of industrial biocatalysts using CCBIOs automated enzyme evolution platform.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Leading innovative research projects in the field of biocatalysis and enzyme engineering
- Enzymatic assay development and miniaturization
- Designing, generating and screening libraries of enzyme variants using state-of-the-art techniques including computational methodologies and high-throughput experimentation
- Collaboration in the acquisition and implementation of funded research and development projects with partners from industry and the public sector
- Development and expansion of the state-of-the-art laboratory infrastructure
- Providing guidance and mentorship to research group members
You have a university degree in chemistry, biochemistry or biotechnology with a dissertation or several years of industrial experience. You have extraordinary theoretical and practical knowledge in computational protein design, enzyme assay development, analytics (GC/HPLC) and/or state-of-the art sequencing techniques. Experience in laboratory automation and LIMS integration is a plus. You are motivated to conduct research in a future-oriented scientific field and are interested in the technical implementation of new methods. You are enthusiastic about working in a multidisciplinary environment and are able to build internal and external networks. Curiosity, didactic skills and enjoyment of working with students round off your profile.
We offer you a challenging task in an inspiring working environment with a motivated, young team. The position is initially limited to one year, with the option of extension.