With around 2100 Bachelor's and Master's students, the Zurich University of the Arts is one of the leading art universities in Europe. The diverse study and research programme covers the areas of design, film, fine arts, media, music, dance, theatre, mediation of the arts and transdisciplinarity.
In the Theatre Department, the different disciplines (acting, directing, scenic space, dramaturgy and theatre pedagogy) are closely linked conceptually and practically.
For the practical field of theatre pedagogy (Bachelor's and Master's) in the theatre field of study at the Department of Performing Arts and Film, we are looking to recruit a
Research Assistant in Theatre Pedagogy, 50%
limited to 3 years with the option of extension.
We are looking for a person with theatre pedagogical expertise who actively pursues contemporary mediation practices and brings with them a decided interest in social science contexts as well as relevant experience or a particular interest in international networking. We require a willingness to be present on site in Zurich or the surrounding area.
Your central tasks are:
- Supporting the Chair of Theatre Education in teaching and research
- Responsibility for the professional, organisational and administrative aspects of the field of practice
- Preparation and implementation of own courses within the framework of the practical field of theatre pedagogy
- Coaching, mentoring and individual project support for students
- Participation in entrance, intermediate and final examinations of students
- Collaboration in the international projects of the field of study
- Active collaboration in the further development of the field of practice
- Very good written and spoken German and English skills (B2-C1)
We are looking for an independent, motivated and proactive personality with a quick grasp and excellent communication skills. You have a university degree in theatre education, arts education, cultural studies or social sciences and have several years of relevant professional experience. You are familiar with the contemporary theatre landscape and know the current academic discourses.
You have a decided interest in reflexive practice, subject didactic considerations and for connections of theatre education to neighbouring fields of knowledge; preferably also in connection with your own research question and the desire to do a doctorate.
For further information, please contact Prof. Mira Sack, Head of Practice Theatre Education, BA and MA Theatre / firstname.lastname@example.org. Monika Mäder, HRM consultant, will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the recruitment process / email@example.com.