The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Research Group Nuclide Chemistry at the Center for Radiopharmaceutical Sciences, Division Biology and Chemistry, we are looking for a
- You will conduct and oversee research projects in an interdisciplinary team of scientists, PhD students, Master students and technicians
- In this team, you will be involved in radiopharmaceutical studies including radiobiological investigations, dosimetry calculations and in vivo evaluation of novel theragnostic concepts
- You will collaborate with teams from other research areas at PSI as well as with other institutes and universities in Switzerland and abroad and interact with industrial partners
- You will support and represent the research group leader in organizational and administrative tasks
- In this role, you will be engaged in advising Master and PhD students in the implementation of their scientific projects
- a degree in biology, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry or equivalent field and completed your PhD studies
- experience in (radio)biology, microdosimetry, (radio)pharmaceutical sciences or similar fields
- experience with in vitro systems and related assays
- been involved in preclinical in vivo and ex vivo investigations
- experience of working in an interdisciplinary environment
- enjoy collaborating with others to reach a common goal
- like presenting scientific data at national and international conferences
- are skilled in writing scientific articles and grant application
- are fluent in English; spoken and written language
- understand and speak (and write) German or are highly motivated and willing to learn the language
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr Cristina Müller, phone +41 56 310 44 54.
Please submit your application online by 1 April 2024 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Scientist (Tenure Track) (index no. 2211-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sevil Minniti, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland