The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Battery Electrodes and Cells group we are looking for a
- Fundamental and applied research on lithium battery cathode materials
- Characterization of electrodes, electrolytes and their interphases
- Publishing research results in peer-reviewed scientiffic journals and presenting at national and international conferences
- Collaboration with academic and industrial partner within the Innosuisse project for lithium battery cathodes
- Presenting results at project and review meeting, report writing
- You have a PhD degree in chemistry, physics, or materials science, preferably related to lithium cathode characterization
- Excellent knowledge of rechargeable battery electrochemistry and surface analytics is required
- You are interested in experimental work and strive to publish highest quality results
- You are curious and highly motivated by scientific knowledge, like working in collaborative environment and have excellent communication skills
- Excellent command in English is required
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Sigita Trabesinger, phone +41 56 310 57 75.
Please submit your application online by 29 February 2024 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5412-03).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland