- Electromagnetic and mechanical design of the EDIPO2 magnet
- Quench detection and protection of EDIPO2
- Launching and supervising procurement of various EDIPO2 components
- Design and R&D of superconducting cables for state-of-the-art fusion magnets, mainly for the EUROfusion DEMO tokamak
- Support of PhD Students
- PhD degree in Physics or Engineering
- Experience in the design of superconducting magnets and the associated technologies (at least 3 years)
- Experience in Finite Element Modelling (at least 3 years)
- You can work independently as well as in a team
- A proficient level of English is mandatory
- A basic knowledge of German or willingness to learn German
We offer a stimulating environment in a working team of approx. 20 people, with a broad network of international collaborations. The conditions of employment are according to the rules of the Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology. The contract is initially of a limited duration of four years. The working place is at the premises of the Paul Scherrer Institute in Villigen, which is located ~35 km northwest of Zürich, Switzerland.
EPFL SPC, Superconductivity Group
Mr Xabier Sarasola
5232 Villigen PSI
Applying via the link "Apply online now" will not work for this position.