The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the System Behaviour Group we are looking for a
- Analysis of severe accident sequences using integral analysis codes
- Application of machine-learning techniques for model development
- Analysis of the results, selection of suitable methods, and development of models for severe accident phenomena
- Master’s degree in physics, computer sciences, nuclear or mechanical engineering, mathematics, or other relevant natural sciences
- Experience of nuclear reactor safety analysis and/or machine-learning methods
- Fluent spoken English, excellent written English with proven capability for writing scientific publications
- Experience with MELCOR code is a advantage
- Knowledge of PYTHON or any other programming language is beneficial
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Dr Terttaliisa Lind, phone +41 56 310 26 50.
Please submit your application online by 22 March 2024 (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 4103-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Serdal Varol, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland