The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Soft-Matter Group in the Laboratory for Neutron Scattering and Imaging, Department for Research with Neutrons and Muons, we are looking for a
- User support on a neutron reflectometer, small-angle neutron scattering instrument, or neutron spectrometer at SINQ (40% of the time)
- Collaboration with external groups with focus on the application of neutron scattering or neutron imaging
- Ambitious own research program in soft matter
- Acquisition of external funding for science and instrumentation projects
- PhD degree in chemistry, physical chemistry, or physics
- Experience in the field of soft matter science
- Experience with neutron or X-Ray reflectometry and/or inelastic scattering and related data analysis
- Experience with supporting techniques (e.g. light scattering, rheology, imaging techniques) is a plus
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact PD Dr Urs Gasser, phone +41 56 310 32 29.
Please submit your application online by 29 February 2024 for the position as a Scientist (index no. 3303-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sevil Minniti, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland