The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Solid State Structures Group we are looking for a
- Support of visiting scientists in the use of the cold-neutron diffractometer DMC in collaboration with the Institute for Energy Technology (IFE), Norway
- Maintenance of DMC and contribution towards analysis software development
- Scattering experiments at large facilities and their analysis
- Writing of scientific publications
- Presentation of results at conferences and meetings
- Doctorate in experimental physics and chemistry
- Ability to work independently
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Michel Kenzelmann, phone +41 56 310 53 81.
Please submit your application online by 10 June 2023 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 3300-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Silja Giacomini-Diebold, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland