The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Laboratory of Atmospheric Chemistry we are looking for a
- Research within the EU project EASVOLEE dealing with vehicle emissions, aging, health impacts
- Run latest state-of-the-art mass spectrometers including VOCUS-PTR, EESI-MS, Aerosol mass spectrometry and additional instrumentation
- Molecular level investigations of anthropogenic emissions aging
- Publications in prestigious journals
- Support of other researchers in the laboratory
- PhD degree in atmospheric science with expertise in complex lab / field work using advanced mass spectrometry methods, ideally oxidation flow reactors
- Excellent publication record
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Knowledge of German advantageous
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited initially to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Andre Prevot, phone +41 56 310 42 02.
Please submit your application online by 10 June 2023(including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Follow (index no. 5501-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland