The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Laboratory for Energy Systems Analysis we are looking for a
- Support the whole Laboratory in matters of internal and external communication on energy related topics
- Development of project-related stakeholder-specific communication strategies and their implementation together with researchers of the Lab
- Managing project partners & stakeholders relations (incl. industry, academia, cantonal / federal authorities)
- Managing and editing regular newsletters, "EnergieSpiegel", Annual Reports and similar outputs
- Master's degree in the field of natural sciences or communication or equivalent qualifications
- Experiences on communication of outcomes of research projects tailored towards diverse audiences (from topical experts to general public)
- Several years experiences in science communication of research projects
- Strong ICT skills relating to information management and dissemination
- Excellent command in English and German is essential and other languages, such as French or Italian, would be an additional asset
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a fixed-term position. The employment contract will (initially) be limited to 1 year.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr Russell McKenna, phone +41 56 310 23 01.
Please submit your application online by 31 March 2023 for the position as a Communication and Outreach Assistant (index no. 4500-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Adina Keller, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland