The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting‐edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post‐docs, post‐graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Electrochemistry Laboratory we are looking for a
- Research on next generation hydrocarbon‐based ionomers and membranes for electrochemical energy conversion devices (fuel cells, electrolyzers)
- Implement synthesis strategies (acidic and/or alkaline chemistry)
- Supervise undergraduate student projects and co‐supervise PhD Students and Postdoctoral Fellows
- Publish scholarly articles and disseminate results at conferences and workshops
- PhD degree in chemistry, polymer or macromolecular chemistry
- Developed scientific profile in postdoctoral research study or industrial setting
- Excellent command of written and oral English
- Established publication track record
- Background in electrochemistry is an asset
- Experience with ion‐conducting membranes helpful
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on‐site infrastructure.
This is a fixed‐term position. The employment contract will initially be limited to three years.
For further information, please contact PD Dr Lorenz Gubler, phone +41 56 310 26 73.
Please submit your application online by 30 June 2023 for the position as a Scientist (index no. 5421‐00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland