The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Laboratory for Catalysis and Sustainable Chemistry we are looking for a
- Design and catalytic application of metal-organic frameworks for CO2 capture and conversion to methanol
- Synthesis, characterization and stability of MOFs for CO2 capture
- Application of functional MOFs in the flow conversion of CO2 to methanol with a molecular catalyst
- Establishing the relationship between adsorption and catalytic activity with MOFs for CO2 to methanol
- PhD degree in chemistry or chemical engineering
- Knowledge in synthesis, characterization and/or catalytic application of heterogeneous catalysts
- Knowledge of gas phase and liquid phase synthesis and catalysis
- Knowledge in CO2 capture technologies is a plus
- Good written and spoken command of the English language
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Marco Ranocchiari, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +41 56 310 58 43.
Please submit your application online by 31 March 2023 including list of publications and addresses of referees for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5701-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland