The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting‐edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post‐docs, post‐graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
Hardware development group within the section Electronics is part of the Large Research Facilities (GFA) division and responsible for design and implementation of electronic hardware for accelerator subsystems in close collaboration with system expert groups. To complete our team in electronics section we are looking for an experienced electronics engineer as a
- Leading and supporting a team of about 10 developers
- Planning, controlling and reporting of hardware development projects for measurement and control systems of the accelerator facilities
- Support and collaboration with expert groups in analyzing requirements, concept specification, design and implementation of electronic hardware for their applications
- Management and administration of electronic labs, test‐rooms, as well as instruments and design tools
- University degree in electronics or electrical engineering (Bachelor, Master or PhD)
- Demonstrated leadership and project management experience
- Good knowledge and experience of electronic CAD, Firmware and software
- Experience in RF and mixed digital‐analog system design
- Good communication skills, team player, goal‐oriented, structured
- Fluent in English, basic German or readiness to learn
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on‐site infrastructure.
This is a permanent position.
For further information, please contact Babak Kalantari, phone +41 56 310 51 22.
Please submit your application online by 30 June 2023 for the position as a Group Leader Hardware development (index no. 8222‐02).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Melanie Rapisarda‐Bellwald, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland