The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
The department Electronics and Control Systems develops and implements electronic subsystems for the operation of accelerator facilities at PSI. In order to complete our electronics development team with a focus on electronic measurement systems for large research facilities, we are looking for an
- Specification, development and documentation of electronic hardware for measurement and control systems of our accelerator facilities
- Concept and implementation of test system (hardware and software) of the developed electronics as well as their characterisation and commissioning
- Selection of suppliers and offers in cooperation with the purchasing departement
- You have a degree as an engineer in the field of electrical engineering
- You would like to contribute your experience in the design of analogue and mixed-signal systems
- Your excellent communication skills in German and English make it easy for you to deal with different staekholders
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Patrick Pollet, phone +41 56 310 32 86. Please submit your application online by 28 February 2023
(index no. 8222-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Anna Fechtig, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland