The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Engineering Diffractometer POLDI we are looking for an
- Organize and run the user program on the engineering diffractometer POLDI including industrial applications
- Maintain and develop the instrument also with respect to alternative use in diffractive imaging
- Develop own science program, preferentially related to AM and acquire project fundings
- Collaborate in the Applied Materials Group AMG
- Acquire funds for instrument upgrade and development
- PhD degree in physics, engineering, chemistry or related fields
- Experience in diffraction and engineering research
- Excellent publication record
- Interest in neutron instrumentation
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr Markus Strobl, phone +41 56 310 59 41.
Please submit your application online by 11 December 2022
(including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as an Instrument Scientist (index no. 3304-03).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sevil Minniti, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland