The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of future technologies, energy and climate, health innovation and fundamentals of nature. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Laboratory of Atmospheric Chemistry we are looking for a
- Perform experimental campaigns at Zurich airport using a wide range of aerosol instrumentation
- Statistical analysis and interpretation of complex and large data sets resulting from these measurement campaigns
- Collaboration with internal and external project team members
- Write and contribute to peer-reviewed publications on gaseous and particulate air pollution from aviation
You will be enrolled in the doctoral programme of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETHZ) https://ethz.ch/en.html
- Master's degree in physics, chemistry or environmental sciences / engineering
- First background in programming and data analysis techniques
- Very good English language skills
- First experience in applied laboratory and/or field work
- Interest in atmospheric processes combined with initiative and enthusiasm to conduct research in a multidisciplinary team
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Dr Benjamin Brem, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof. Dr André Prevot, email email@example.com, phone +41 56 310 24 65.
Please submit your application online by 6 December 2022 (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5502-04).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland