The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, postgraduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2200 people.
For the Applied Materials Group in the Laboratory for Neutron Scattering and Imaging we are looking for a
- Application driven neutron imaging method development
- Strengthening and growth of user community of advanced neutron imaging
- User service and organisation at the Instruments of the Applied Materials Group and in particular also at BOA
- Publish and develop a distinguished scientific profile
- Develop scientific projects and secure funding
- Engage and collaborate in the group, at PSI, in Switzerland and internationally
- PhD in physics, engineering, chemistry or related fields
- Experience in (neutron) imaging and/or scattering and advanced methods
- Track record in method developement, in particular neutron imaging methods
- Experience in Neutron Grating Interferometry and (neutron) dark-field contrast
- Experience with polarised neutrons, time-of-flight, diffraction contrast
- Experience with work at large scale facilities, ideally user service
- Good publication record
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr Markus Strobl, phone +41 56 310 59 41.
Please submit your application online by 5 December 2022 for the position as a Scientist (Tenure Track) (index no. 3304-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Sevil Minniti, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland