The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Laboratory for Reactor Physics and Thermal-Hydraulics we are looking for a
We are looking for a person to take the lead on the safety analysis and assessment of a Dual Fluid Reactor DFR concept using the systems thermal-hydraulics code TRACE.
Your tasks would include:
- Development of system thermal-hydraulics analysis methods and models for the safety analysis of an innovative Dual Fluid (nuclear) Reactor
- Safety analyses for a Dual Fluid Reactor under postulated operational transients and design basis accidents
- Collaboration with neutronics specialists on the coupling to neutron kinetics
- Presentation of research results in the form of peer-reviewed publications, conference participations and preparation of technical reports
- You have a PhD degree in Nuclear or Mechanical Engineering, Physics and/or Applied Mathematics
- You have a Solid background in nuclear engineering, particularly in the area of thermal-hydraulics, but also with a good understanding of neutron transport and neutron kinetics
- You have practical working knowledge of fluid dynamics and heat transfer, and have experience using nuclear system thermal-hydraulics codes; ideally, you have experience with the US-NRC systems code TRACE
- You also have a solid background in computational modelling along with programming experience in FORTRAN
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English. Some level of proficiency in German is beneficial
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Konstantin Nikitin, phone +41 56 310 27 01 e-mail: email@example.com
Please submit your application online by 31 August 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 4103-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Serdal Varol, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland