Reliable wafer metrology is a key requirement to support the semiconductor industry in the development of future technology nodes. The device size scaling driven by Moore’s law make the resolution specification for wafer metrology a moving target. The Advanced Lithography and Metrology group is dedicated to the exploration of new and alternative techniques for semiconductor metrology. Currently we are developing REGINE, a new end station for the XIL-II beamline at the SLS synchrotron. REGINE is a wafer inspection microscope based on grazing-incidence coherent diffraction imaging at EUV.
- Support the development of the REGINE end station
- Develop Coherent Diffraction imaging algorithms and software for image reconstruction
- Explore the potential of a deep learning approach for phase retrieval from EUV diffraction data
- Perform research of highest quality and publication in high profile journals
- PhD degree in physics, engineering or computer science
- Experience with C++ and CUDA
- Hands-on experience in one more of the following fields: coherent diffraction imaging, ptychography, image processing, neural networks
- Experience with image processing and scripting languages like Python and Matlab will be an advantage
- You are a proactive and highly motivated team player and you are fluent in written and spoken English
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 1 years with the possibility of prolongation
For further information, please contact Dr Iacopo Mochi, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application online by 23 August 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 6217-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Alina Rao, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland