- Help to design and build a polarimetric imaging system
- Perform synchrotron X-ray scattering and imaging experiments, in particular SAXS tensor tomography
- Investigate biological tissues as well as cellulose-based composite materials with the newly developed techniques
- Collaborate with PhD students and Postdocs at PSI and Chalmers University (Gothenburg, Sweden)as well as with other international collaboration partners
- Publish results in scientific journals and present findings at international conferences
- Master degree in Materials Science, Biomedical Engineering, Physics or related fields
- Good communication skills in English
- Affinity with experimental work and interest in interdisciplinary research
- Experience with programming is considered an asset
You will be enrolled in the doctoral school of the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL).
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr Marianne Liebi, phone +41 56 310 44 38, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application online by 27 February 2022 (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student in Materials Science (index no. 6317-02).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Alina Rao, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland