The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, postgraduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Large Research Facilities Division we are looking for a
The task is to develop a concept and a software prototype for a new transient recorder. The transient recorder is collecting data and stores it for further analysis. The recorder is implemented as a real-time C++ application executing on an embedded ARM Cortex-A53 CPU running RT Linux. The recorder application is configured by a tool written in the Python programming language. The transient recorder is later used to analyze dynamic behavior of a particle accelerator.
- You study physics or electrical-engineering (minimum 4 semesters)
- You have an interest in embedded systems, measurement systems and software engineering
- You are enthusiastic to gain practical experience with designing software for data acquisition
- You are open-minded, communicative and enjoy working in an international team
- You have not yet completed your Master’s thesis
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration.
The contract will be limited to 3 months.
For further information, please contact Mr Ernst Johansen, phone +41 56 310 47 52.
Please submit your application online for the position as a Trainee (index no. 8222-T1).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Patrizia Meister, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland