The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, postgraduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Maloja endstation of SwissFEL we are looking for a
- Contribute to the development of time-resolved XFEL holography at SwissFEL
- Investigate ultrafast magnetization dynamics processes through time-resolved holographic imaging
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- Dissemination of results in scientific journals and at scientific conferences
- You have a PhD degree in physics, materials science, or engineering
- You have experience with synchrotron or XFEL-based instrumentation
- You have experience in lithographical patterning and/or in magnetism / spintronics
- You are highly motivated, able to work independently and strive to contribute with new ideas and concepts
- You enjoy working in a interdisciplinary and international team, have excellent English communication skills
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Simone Finizio, phone +41 56 310 39 61.
Please submit your application online by 14 February 2022 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow - 100 % (index no. 6415-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Alina Rao, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland