The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, postgraduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Membranes and Electrochemical Cells Group in the Electrochemistry Laboratory we are looking for a
- Examine the mass transport properties of a novel electrochemical CO2 capture process through CFD modeling
- Perform experiments to characterize kinetics of relevant electrochemical reactions
- Prepare electrodes for cell experiments using state-of-the-art techniquesP
- Preparation of scientific articles, reports and conference contributions
- Collaborate with small teams to integrate modeling and experimental work, determine promising directions for development
- PhD degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or similar
- In-depth knowledge of CFD simulation (e.g., ANSYS/FLUENT, C++) for reacting/multiphase flows
- Understanding of electrochemistry is a strong plus
- Team player
- Able to work independently
- Excellent command of written and oral English
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr. Alexander Paul Muroyama, phone +41 56 310 36 99.
Please submit your application online by 17 December 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5421-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland