The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Electrochemistry Laboratory we are looking for a
- Research and development of innovative membranes / separators for vanadium redox flow batteries in a team with a PhD student, a lab technician, and project students
- Development of concepts for an industrial implementation of membrane processing
- Collaboration with external partners from academia and industry
- Publishing of research articles, contributions to conferences, writing of research reports
- PhD degree in chemistry, chemical or process engineering, or materials science with strong exposure to organic chemistry
- Expertise in polymer chemistry and electrochemistry
- Able to work with high level of independence
- Creative with a flair for solving practical problems in the laboratory
- Well-developed communication skills and good command of the english language (spoken and written)
- Interest in renewable energy technologies
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 1 year.
For further information, please contact PD Dr Lorenz Gubler, phone +41 56 310 26 73.
Please submit your application online (including list of publications and addresses of referees) by 24 October 2021 for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5421-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland