- Perform experimental campaigns at Zurich airport using a wide range of aerosol instrumentation (Neutral cluster and Air Ion Spectrometer, particle size spectrometers and chemical mass spectrometers)
- Statistical analysis and interpretation of complex and large data sets resulting from these measurement campaigns
- Collaboration with internal and external project team members
- Write and contribute to high quality peer-reviewed publications on gaseous and particulate air pollution from aviation
- PhD thesis at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Master's degree in physics, chemistry or environmental sciences / engineering
- Background in script based programming and data analysis techniques
- Very good English language skills
- First experience in applied laboratory and / or field work
- Interest in atmospheric processes combined with initiative and enthusiasm to conduct research in a multidisciplinary team
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Dr Benjamin Tobias Brem, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +41 56 310 24 65.
Please submit your application online by 30 September 2021 (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5502-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Herr Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland