The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
In the Laboratory for Waste Management, for the Diffusion Processes Group we are looking for a
- Modelling of heat transport processes and data analysis of related experiments performed in underground laboratories
- Development of a 3D digital twin for heat transport processes
- Comparison of data driven and process model results with experimental data
- Participation in EURAD H2020 project MODATS including meetings and reporting
- Publication of results in journals and at conferences
- PhD degree in Materials / Natural / Environmental Sciences
- Experience in modelling of transport processes and scientific computing
- Experience with programming languages, data management and visualisation tools
- Expertise in digital twin applications and advanced machine learning techniques
- Team player able to work independently
- Excellent English and general communications skills
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Wilfried Pfingsten, phone +41 56 310 24 18.
Please submit your application online by 31 October 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 4404-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Patrizia Meister, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland