The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For our Gas Turbine Combustion Team within the Energy System Integration Project we are looking for a
- Research Topics in the field of laser based measurement techniques (e.g. Laser Induced Fluorescence in high pressure combustion processes)
- Development and application of optical techniques (e.g. PIV, LIF) especially for CH4/H2 mixture (incl. 100 % H2), focus on premixed flames for gasturbine processes
- Evaluation and acquisition of (optical) components for experimental set-ups
- Publication of research results in scientific journals and on conferences
- (Co-)Supervision and support for doctoral students, especially in the application of laser-optical techniques including the (post-)processing of raw data
- PhD degree (natural sciences or engineering)
- Profound knowledge in laser spectroscopy (and other laser based techniques), significant experience in combustion diagnostics
- Affinity to experimental work
- Good proficiency in the english language
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information, please contact Dr Peter Jansohn, phone +41 56 310 28 71.
Please submit your application online by 30 September 2021 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5008-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland