The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Laboratory of Reactor Physics and Thermal-Hydraulics we are looking for a
- Experimentally determine mass transfer of aerosol particles in gas-to-liquid multi-phase flow using a wire-mesh sensor
- Development of an enhanced, chemical wire-mesh sensor
- Validation and / or extension of aerosol transport models for gas-to-liquid multi-phase flow
- Presentation of the scientific results at international conferences and publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Master of science in chemical or mechanical engineering, physics or other natural sciences
- Experience of experimental work and/or interest in developing new measurement methods
- Data processing (MATLAB) and programming skills (C/C++) beneficial
- Fluent in spoken English, good writing skills in English
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Dr Terttaliisa Lind, phone +41 56 310 26 50.
Please submit your application online by 30 June 2021(including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 4100-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Nicole Schubert, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland