The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Group Datacenter and DB Services we are looking for a
- Planning, installation and administration of the PSI archive system as part of the archive team and in collaboration with science at PSI and the Swiss National Supercomputing Center (CSCS)
- Planning, installation and administration of the central PSI storage systems as part of the storage team
- Collaboration and co-responsibility for the central monitoring / logfile analysis service
- Collaboration and co-responsibility for the data center infrastructure
- Further development of the existing infrastructure
- Higher computer science education
- In-depth Linux know-how
- Conceptual thinking
- Mastery of scripting languages (shell scripts, Python)
- Team oriented behaviour
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Good language skills in German and English
- AFS knowledge is an asset
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Mikela Szolansky of prime21, phone +41 44 245 44 58 or e-mail email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your online application for the position as a System Engineer with the index no. 9522-00. Please send your complete application documents to:Prime21 AG
8001 Zürich, Schweizmikela.firstname.lastname@example.orgApplying via the link below "Apply online now" will not work for this position.