The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For SwissFEL's Timing and Synchronization Control System Integration we are looking for a
- Supporting Timing and Synchronization group, which includes EPICS integration, software development, testing and maintenance
- Development of new EPICS interfaces for laser locking and bunch-arrival monitors
- Standardization of processes for integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Consolidation and enhancements of existing solutions
- Master degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing in C/C++ and Python
- Familiarity with structured methods of working (e.g. use of issue tracking systems, document management systems, version control systems, CI/CD, …)
- Communicative, collaborative, self-motivated and customer-oriented team player
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English, German is a plus
- Knowledge of control systems, preferably EPICS
- Experience with Matlab is a plus
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 3 years.
For further information, please contact Tadej Humar, phone +41 56 310 55 28.
Please submit your application online for the position as a Software Engineer (index no. 8213-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Melanie Rapisarda-Bellwald, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland