The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Mechano-Genomics Group we are looking for a
- Standardize microfluidic based liquid biopsy protocols
- Immuno-fluorescence staining, PCR and RNA-Seq analysis
- Imaging tissue and liquid biopsies using confocal microscopy
- Image segmentation and analysis
- Implement machine learning analysis methods
- Master degree in Bioengineering or related areas
- Knowledge of liquid biopsies, microfluidics, immuno-fluorescence, confocal microscopy and image analysis
- Strong quantitative skills
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a fixed-term position. The employment contract will be limited to 1 year.
For further information, please contact Prof Dr G. V. Shivashankar, phone +41 56 310 42 50.
Please submit your application online by 1 July 2020 for the position as a Laboratory Technician (index no. 2050-03).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Sevil Minniti, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland