The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Laboratory for Reactor Physics and Thermal-Hydraulics we are looking for a
- Development and verification of the PSI generic criticality safety evaluation methodology
- Simulation and analysis with the MCNP® code of relevant criticality safety benchmarks
- Application of statistical data analysis methods and machine learning algorithms for evaluation of the validation results
- Derivation of the criticality safety criteria for fissile materials configurations
- Preparation of scientific publications and technical reports
- Contributions to related R&D and teaching activities
- PhD degree in reactor physics, nuclear engineering, physics or data science
- Background in machine learning, statistical data analysis
- Experience in programming and software development
- Familiarity with validation procedures and Monte Carlo codes MCNP or SERPENT would be an asset
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to two years.
For further information please contact Dr Alexander Vasiliev, phone +41 56 310 27 02, Email email@example.com
Please submit your application online by 1 June 2020 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 4102-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Nicole Schubert, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland