The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Battery Materials and Diagnostics group we are looking for a
- Surface characterization of battery materials with focus on XPS
- Synthesis, modification and characterization of battery materials and components
- Responsible for the XPS spectrometer and UHV cluster
- Publication of results in scientific journals and presentations at scientific meetings
- Collaboration in projects focused on battery materials and batteries
- Assistance to the group head in preparation and execution of research projects
- Supervision of PhD students and student apprentices
We are looking for a self-motivated team player able to work independently with prior experience in electrochemistry and battery research. The candidiate must have a PhD degree in chemistry, physics, materials science or in a related field. A good background in X-Ray photoemission spectroscopy (XPS) and UHV technology is expected. An experience in electrochemical impedance spectroscopy and with synchrotron facilities is an asset. Very good command of English and basic knowledge of German is required.
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information please contact Dr Mario El Kazzi, phone +41 56 310 51 49.
Please submit your application online by 30 September 2020 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Scientist (index no. 5411-00).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, René Gröbli, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland