The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Laboratory for Micro and Nanotechnology we are looking for a
- Responsible for the cleanroom management, including the lead of a technical team
- Leading science in the field of nanotechnology with a focus on the advancement of micro and nanofabrication methods
- Strategic decision making, planning, and realization of new cleanroom facilities
- Aquisition of third party funding and leading of collaborations with academic and industrial partners
- PhD degree in natural science or engineering
- Experience in micro and nanofabrication methods, cleanroom technologies, and cleanroom management
- Established reputation in research and development
- Leadership competences and experience in project management as well as organizational and budget responsibility
- Excellent communication skills in English, basic communication skills in German
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
This is a Tenure Track position. The employment contract will initially be limited to three years.
For further information please contact Dr Yasin Ekinci, phone +41 56 310 28 24.
Please submit your application online by 4 November 2019 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Group Leader (index no. 6211-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Elke Baumann, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland