The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Nuclear Fuels Group of the Laboratory of Nuclear Materials we are looking for a
- lnvolvement in synchrotron data analyses, and screening of results obtained from zirconium based materials irradiated in nuclear power plants
- Correlation of results to the materials properties
- Assistance with standard sample preparations in view of future studies and campaigns
- Reporting and results presentation
- Studies in materials science, nuclear engineering, physics or chemistry
- Have not yet completed your Master thesis
- First experience in data analysis and coding is advantageous
- Proficiency in English, Knowledge of French or German is a plus
- lnterest to work in a team, in a multi-disciplinary and international environment
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration.
For further information please contact Dr Sousan Abolhassani, phone +41 56 310 21 91 or Dr Johannes Bertsch, phone +41 56 310 41 73.
Please submit your application online for the position as a Trainee (index no. 4602-T1).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Patrizia Meister, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland.