The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Laboratory of Atmospheric Chemsitry we are looking for a
- Development of real-time source apportionment methods and solutions, especially within a project in China
- Use of positive matrix factorization implemented in SoFi and development of new programs
- Deal with data from ACMS, Xact, Aethalometer and others, support of measurements
- Support and collaboration with other students / postdocs doing source apportionment analyses using online and offline data.
- Writing high quality peer-reviewed publications
- PhD degree in aerosol science or related, ideally with a strong statistical component or PhD degree in Statistics, ideally in the field of Atmospheric Science
- Proficiency in source apportionment methods and statistics
- Very gooy programming skills
- Ideal: In depth-experience with aerosol mass spectrometry, X-Ray fluorescence and/or Aethalometer measurements
- Very good english skills (oral and writing)
- Proven excellent publication record
- Interested to work with others in a team
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
Your employment contract is limited to 2 years.
For further information please contact Dr Andre Prevot, phone +41 56 310 42 02.
Please submit your application online by 30 November 2019 (including list of publications and addresses of referees) for the position as a Postdoctoral Fellow (index no. 5501-01).
Paul Scherrer Institut, Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland